Last night, I went on CNN.com. The four most viewed stories?
1. Lindsay Lohan fails alcohol test again, ordered to court
2. Lawyer: Parents doubt Anthony’s innocence
3. Police: ‘Jackass’ star driving over 132 mph
4. Apple yanks ‘The 3rd Intifada’ app
Something about this seems very sad.
Out of curiosity, I visited the websites for CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, the BBC, and Al-Jazeera and recorded the headline stories on each. None of the American websites had any international stories featured. The BBC and Al-Jazeera had a wider variety of stories easily accessible.
- Obama: Surge troops out in 15 months
- Lawyer: Anthonys believe Casey’s not innocent
- FBI Nabs ‘Most Wanted’ Gangster
- Obama: Surge Troops Out by Summer 2012
- Pelosi Prediction Backfires With Medicaid Glitch?
- Palin Says ‘One Nation’ Tour on Hold for Jury Duty
- As politics of war shift, risks for Obama ease
- Obama: 33,000 troops out of Afghanistan by next summer
- Mobster James ‘Whitey’ Bulger arrested in Calif.
- Thousands flee as rising water threatens homes in ND
- Obama orders cut in Afghan force
- Nato accused of murder by Gaddafi
- Verdict due in Dutch ‘hate’ trial
- Australia in mass broadband move
- Airbus seals record aircraft deal
- French ex-minister on rape charge
- China artist Ai Weiwei released
- US to increase drugs war spending
- Obama to cut Afghan ‘surge’ troops by 2012
- Gaddafi vows to resist NATO strikes
- Syria accuses EU of fomenting ‘chaos’
- Strong quakes rattle northeast Japan
- ‘Uncontacted’ Amazon tribe found in Brazil
- The Geert Wilders case