Vacation has been satisfactory enough so that I don’t feel like going back to work on Monday. I’d not been planning to post anything until then, but wanted to get this out.
I am way behind on personal e-mail and blog stuff, and will catch up upon return.
John Witter of the Jig-Saw History Blog was the original guy to tag me.
1. Post these rules before you give your facts.
2. List 8 random facts about yourself.
3. At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them.
4. Leave a comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been tagged.
Eight Random Facts About Me
- Despite my obvious whiteness, I’m about a quarter black.
- I have a phobia of anorexics, but it does not extend to the (involuntarily) starving or especially thin.
- Much of my casual wardrobe consists of free T-shirts from giving blood.
- After living in Miami for five years, I root for the Heat, Marlins, and Panthers, but will never back the Dolphins.
- Practically any drink with rum as the primary alcohol gets a thumbs-up from me.
- I used to be able to accurately multiply two 3-digit numbers in my head (but not nearly as fast as just using a calculator).
- The opening move 1. e4 is anathema to me. I don’t remember ever using it in a chess tournament.
- I will undoubtedly think of a few items that were more interesting than #3, #4, and #8 about an hour from now.