Level 3 units completed. I’m actually starting to like how this is turning out.
Hero units for the campaign still need to be done. You don’t get Mr. E on the 3rd Eggish campaign scenario even though that’s what the text says.
- Token Black Guy (Human): Wears his hat backwards and attacks with a basketball.
- Hobo (Human): His overpowering body odor poisons enemy units.
- Bacon Strip (Eggish): Can learn to absorb fat drippings to regenerate health.
- Tysonian Disciple (Eggish): A boxer with a powerful punch and a glass jaw. Learns how to bite ears.
Balance Change: Couch Potatoes with Obesity upgrade have 5 HP instead of 4.
AI Changes: Up to this point, the AI has had only one “intelligent” behavior, to repair fort every 15 sec when HP got to 3 or less. Every other choice was random. The following “intelligent” behaviors have been added:
- The AI goes into “desperate defense” condition when fort HP are low. No new research is conducted, the fort is repaired as quickly as possible, defensive units are trained, and units will be placed on the paths where the enemy is closest.
- Ranged units are put on the path where the enemy is furthest away, giving more time to shoot.
In addition, the code supports different AI types, but only a base AI is currently implemented. The next iteration will likely show off different AI’s.
Visual Cues Added: Couch Potatoes get fatter after Obesity upgrade. Toaster changes color after Improved Alloy upgrade.
Proposed future units: Cheesy Wraith Guy, Leper, Egg Benedict, Shaolin Monk, Dragoon, Bacon Knight, Earl Grey, ManToastEgg (“half-man, half-toast, half-egg”), Two-headed Egg, Frying Pan, Summoner, Omelette Chef (did I forget any?)