OK, here’s the proposed format. If there are any objections or questions, please let me know!
1. This will be a round-robin tournament, one game a week. The games are on FICS.
2. Time control is 15/30.
3. The entire schedule will be released this coming Monday. Updates on the results will be posted on Tuesdays.
4. Each week, an additional game from the schedule is to be played, and the result relayed to me by the following Monday. You can e-mail me (egg at liquideggproduct.com) or leave a comment (if you want to keep the result secret until the Tuesday release, include the word “sister”; I’ve designated that word to hold the comment for moderation). Or even tell me online. Whatever works.
5. If a game is not able to be played within the week period, please at least let me know, and when it will be played. This is supposed to be fun, and I’m not going to start forfeiting people left and right for circumstances which may be out of their control. But a reasonable effort should be made to play the game as soon as possible.
6. If you need to play a game early, there is not a problem with it per se. But please don’t release the result until the week it would normally be disclosed.
7. Don’t cheat, and play nice. (You all seem like reasonable people, so I’m not really expecting any problems.)
8. There are no prizes, except for a modicum of glory in the chess blogging world. Maybe I’ll make some sort of computer rendered trophy for the winner.
[EDIT: The chess content of this blog has now broken double-digits, now at 10.4%. Feeling less guilty about being put in blogrolls full of other chess bloggers.]