So there’s this calendar with a whole bunch of Zen sayings. While many make some sort of sense, others sound like they were uttered by a dude on magical mushrooms who wanted to sound wise.
Some of these quotes are actual Zen statements (per the calendar), others are meaningless crap that I made up. Can you tell which are which?
1. The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in dewdrops on the grass, or even in one drop of water.
2. To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
3. Wind, water, mind. One who masters the heart can no longer take harm.
4. Wanting nothing with all your heart stop the stream. When the world dissolves everything becomes clear.
5. An Autumn night…don’t think your life didn’t matter.
6. To one who waits, the tree gains existence.
7. Generally, faith is like spring mist at first. Be brave at the vanishing point.
8. Hollowness can only result from existence.
9. Neither stone, nor water, nor the sky raises the forest.
10. If the greatest cold does not penetrate into our bones, how will the fragrance of the plum blossoms pervade the entire universe?